Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fiesta Tile Birthday Cake

This year, for my dad's birthday, we decided we should make it a fiesta theme.

After much deliberation, a tiled birthday cake was agreed on and this is how it ended up...


I have to say, the idea of painting these was intimidating. 

And when I get intimidated by something, I tend to overdo preparation.


In this case, I thought I could use stencils effectively to make the designs.

So I found me lots of stencils.

Some really cool ones, too!


That I never used because as it turns out, these tiles - the real ones, I mean - are all hand painted.

And imperfect.  Unlike stencils, which are very precise.


Imperfect I'm good at.

So this actually turned out to be very enjoyable.  And very easy.  

Much easier than I thought it would be.

And the stencils will just have to wait for another project. :)


Happy Birthday, Papa!




No comments: