Friday, April 12, 2013

Operation Cookie Takeover


Folks, we're all aware there are troops in various places overseas that daily make the choice to offer their lives for our freedom.  

I have a great respect for these soldiers.

When I caught wind of Operation Cookie Takeover, I jumped on as fast as I could.

What started out as a goal of sending 1,200 cookies over to Afghanistan to be distributed over there quickly grew. 

As of this writing, there have been more than 10,000 received and they are being distributed today!

These are the cookies from Babcakes...






I wanted something fun that might make them smile.

I did receive word they arrived and none were broken :). 

And so, from this family to all you soldiers (whether you eat one of these or not), please know we are incredibly grateful to you and your families sacrificing so much for us.  

God bless you all!

Here is a link to Operation Cookie Takeover's Page so you can peek and see for yourself how it's all going!

1 comment:

Carol said...

What an awesome and fun service you are doing for our soldiers! My son was in Iraq and Afghanistan as a consultant for the Marines. He lived with them and would email us things to send. He always said how incredibly grateful the soldiers were to receive packages like yours!