Friday, September 14, 2012

Cool Cars Birthday Party!


So, it's sometimes hard to scaled down for one of my own's birthdays.  I feel like it's a "go big or go home" situation.  Or maybe "go to your room" since we're already at home and all.

ANYWAY.

My #4 has asked for the past two years for monster truck cakes.

I diverted him this year with a "Cool Cars" cake. 


Not that I mind making him whatever he wanted...

Truly.

But two years?  Surely we can find something else to create, right?


The biggest draw of this cake was the fact that he got to pick out his very own COOL CARS to put on it!


That was a way fun shopping trip.

I ended up checker boarding the inside of the cake, too, which was a treat :/ with chocolate and vanilla filled and stacked squares.  

In the end, though, it turned out just like he wanted, which translates into success.

I also made a few "5" cookies with flames to match the cool cars theme.


Those were for fun.  He didn't ask for those.  Surprisingly, they were eaten - all but one :)


Love you, G Star!!

No comments: