Sunday, October 2, 2011

German Chocolate Cake


This cake was so much fun to make.  Really.  Don't get me wrong, I love to fancy up cakes, too, but I've long been fascinated with cakes you can buy from grocery stores and other such places.  I think they're just so pretty to look at.  I've always thought that.  Plain and simple - that's me :).

And I'll tell you what makes it better...


Very sweet and handsome nephews who come around looking for cookies and end up placing each and every beautiful pecan in it's place.  Love that guy! 


Didn't he do so good!  

Anyway, I layered this sucker with the Coconut Pecan filling that would have been easy to stick a spoon in and call it dinner.  

But I didn't.  

Or at least not that I'll ever admit to.

Hope you're having a great week!

No comments: