Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Oldies

I was looking through some old pictures and came across a few of the cakes I made years ago.  This was before my "epiphany" that this was what really interested me.  I think everyone realized it before I did how much I enjoyed playing with sugar.  Go figure.

Here's the cake I made for my oldest a few years back.  Before I learned that you need to put some sort of paper on top of a cake board.  Nice sweat rings.  We took it to the beach that year.  That didn't help.  But he loved it.  Which is why I do it.


This one I dug up from my little girl's third or fourth birthday.  We took it to Chuck E Cheese.  I remember they asked if I was a professional.  I don't see it.  But this one was a lot of fun.  
And she loved it.  Again, why I did it.


If you know my husband, you know that he can be a smart alec.  A BIG one.

One year he told the boys early on that he wanted a taco for a cake.

Better watch what you ask for around here...




Peanut butter chocolate cake with Oreos for "meat", Sour Punch Straws for "lettuce", white icing for "sour cream" and grated fondant for "cheese".  Oh, the "tomatoes" are cut up Dots.  All wrapped in some tinted fondant with flecks of Oreo for effect.

It was huge.


And a big hit.

Good times.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

I love this post!!