Monday, May 2, 2011

Birthday Cake for our Princess


My little princess turned seven last Thursday.

And when you're the baker's only daughter....

Well, things go over the top.


I actually talked her down from a four tier cake.

As it was, this one would have fed 100+.

Not to worry, what wasn't eaten was sliced up and given to folks who really appreciated it.


The sky's the limit for my kiddos.

She picked out some super cute invitations and we decided in our "consult" that she wanted me to match the cake up to the invitations.

So I did my best.


My favorite part of it all, though, was the inside...


It's all Classic Vanilla Cake layered in rainbow colors.  

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink.

THAT was fun!

So, we all took our pictures.  And pictures of our pictures...

And lived happily ever after.


3 comments:

Bethany said...

What a beautiful cake!! I won't be posting pics of the one I made for Ruby's 6th today--unless it's purely for comic relief!

Carol said...

What a lucky, lucky little girl to have such a talented mother!

Kristen B said...

Now, Bethany, that's not fair. I know Ruby loved it. You should post it.

And thank you both. You're very kind.