Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby Shower Cupcakes

Our neighbor, whom we also consider a very good friend, had her baby shower this past weekend and I was asked to make the chocolate and vanilla cupcakes for it.  Of course, I did.  But not just any cupcakes, she wanted some fancy stuff in them.  Anyone heard of Valhrona cocoa?  Yeah, I hadn't either.  I have learned an amazing amount in a very short amount of time and I know there's so SO much more to learn.  My favorite photographer was there, so you won't be tortured with semi ok pictures.




They were lots of fun to plan and make and were really pretty good!


The mini sunflowers are made of fondant and gumpaste.  Entirely edible. 


Our neighbor is not into the "girlie fru-fru" stuff, so we kept it casual.


These are Valhrona chocolate cupcakes with a creamy chocolate frosting topped with a fondant flower.

Officially.



And these are a Classic Vanilla cupcake with a vanilla cream cheese frosting topped with a fondant flower.  
Also officially.



This display was completely void of cupcakes at the end of the baby shower.  

Enough said, I guess.

No comments: