Friday, March 25, 2011

Sugar Free Pumpkin Dump Cake

Yes.  That says Pumpkin Dump Cake.

No, I never heard of it either.

My mother-in-law came for a visit last week and made this recipe right off for us.  She had actually shared it with me earlier, but I put it in a safe place.  

It's still there.

Except NOW I have it in a safe place AND in my cookbook.  So I can actually use it.

And so can you.  This is one of those "have to share" recipes.  Especially if you're enjoying a sugar free lifestyle and are looking for a quick easy and crowd pleasing recipe.  All I'm saying is that there was none left.



Here goes:

Pumpkin Dump Cake

1 29 oz can of pumpkin
3 eggs
1 c splenda
1 can evaporated milk (light or 2%)
2 tsp cinnamon

1 box sugar free yellow cake mix
1 c pecans
1- 1 1/2 sticks of light butter (melted)


Mix first 5 ingredients and place in 9X13 pan.  sprinkle dry cake mix and pecans on top.  Pour melted butter on top bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

*you can use regular sugar/cake mix and it works well but the sugar free taste great and most people have no clue it is sugar free.  




No comments: