Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spot of Joy

I was recently allowed to be a part of something really special.  It's got quite a back story that you can read here.  It's a great great story.  It boils down to using your talents to help those who could use a little sunshine in their life.  People we wouldn't know.  Maybe ever.  So, I volunteered.  Why not?  Even if the sugar cookies didn't turn out, I knew I had some "old reliables" I could bake up and ship off.

My nominee use the phrase "spot of joy" in her entry and so I went with that and came up with these...


I went back and forth on what I should do and how and then just jumped in and did them.
Good or bad, right or wrong.

Here they are, packed and ready to ship!


My nominee has since received them and from what I understand, they did bring that "spot of joy".  Couldn't ask for better than that.




1 comment:

Carol said...

My mom was the one who received the cookies. She has been with my dad through all of his many heart surgeries and procedures. Never once complaining about the long hours at the hospital or taking care of him at home. The cookies you made were such a spot of joy for her (and for me). Thanks again from the bottom of my heart!