Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Decisions, decisions

I'm a firm believer in dress rehearsals.  Especially when you only really get one shot at getting it right the first time.  Baking isn't too different.  There is a baby shower coming up that I've been given carte blanche to do what I want.  Which means I have to call in the troops to taste test.  It's a tough job, right?

Here, I have (from left to right) Chocolate Fudge Cake with a Fresh Raspberry Filling.  Then I have a Vanilla Cream Cheese filled Butter Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Icing.  To the right is a Kahlua Chocolate Cake with a Coconut Pecan Filling and the same Cocoa Buttercream as the first cupcake.


So, with my taste testers, the Vanilla won out with the Coconut Chocolate coming in second.

What would you choose?

3 comments:

Carol said...

The Chocolate fudge cake with the raspberry filling sounds heavenly! That would be my first choice.

Kristen B said...

Do you know, Carol, that's the one I'll end up making. :) Just had to tweak these recipes to get to it.

Carol said...

Awesome! Someone lucky will get to have a delicious treat.